Rock News

 

Elton John recovering after appendectomy

Elton John recovering after appendectomy

Listen to Elton John on iHeartRadio

Elton John says he feels "lucky and grateful to be alive" following surgery to remove his appendix. 

According to BBC News, the 66-year-old underwent the operation this past Thursday in Monaco, and is now recovering at his home in southern France. 

John told "The Sun" that he performed a number of shows "in agony" last month before finally canceling the rest of his Summer dates.  However, he is expected to be well enough to hit the stage in September for performances at the U.K. BRIT Awards and the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas. 

Photo Credit Getty Images

 

More Articles